Who else loves jam? I grew up making jam with my mum and granny. It’s always been a staple topping in our cupboards. Obviously traditional jams are very heavy in sugar so if you are looking to make your own version with no fuss let me introduce you to chia jam. I use chia jam a lot and it appears in lots of NBF recipes all the time however I wanted to create a little video for those who don’t believe me as to how easy it really is to make a healthy jam – check out my YouTube to see just how simple it is!
- 250g berries frozen or fresh
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2-3 tbsp. maple syrup
- Juice of an orange or lemon (optional)
- In a small pot over a medium heat add the berries and let dissolve into a puree, stirring occasionally (should take approx. 4-5 minutes).
- Remove from the heat once completely broken down into a thick, chunky sauce.
- Stir in the maple, orange or lemon juice and the chia seeds.
- Spoon or pour into a jar or bowl and let sit for 20 minutes to bulk up and thicken into a lovely berry jam.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.