I have a slight fascination with mushrooms if you haven’t guessed already. They’re meaty juicy texture is satisfying and hearty. Served alongside this creamy cheesy cauli mash it’s a match made in side dish heaven!
- 1 head cauliflower washed and diced into florets
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast (or parmesan)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 250g mushrooms (I used a mix of shiitake and chestnut)
- 1 tbsp. coconut amino, Bragg’s amino sauce or tamari (soya alternative)
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. olive oil or water
- Start by steaming the cauliflower until tender and drain of any excess water.
- Place in a food processor along with the nutritional yeast and seasoning and blend until smooth.
- Spoon onto a serving dish.
- For the mushrooms, add a little oil or water to a pan over a med-high heat. Once sizzling, add the mushrooms and begin to sauté until wilted and tender, add in the amino, thyme and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve over the cauli mash, adding some more fresh herbs and dig in!