Who else is a Carrot Cake lover? It’s got to be up there with being one of the best cakes. This recipe is deliciously moist and sweet so really hits the spot when you want something a little sweet with a cup of tea. The dream!
• 200g oats
• ½ large banana
• 4 tbsp. maple syrup
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1tsp baking powder
• 2 small carrots peeled and thickly grated
• 1 tbsp. cinnamon
• 60g walnuts
• 1 “ginger peeled and grated
• 80g raisins
• 40g walnuts
• 100g vegan cream cheese
• juice 1/2 of lemon
• 1 tbsp. maple
• *Optional 1 scoop vanilla protein powder instead of maple (to add stiffness and sweetness to icing)
• Preheat oven to 180°C.
• Start by blitzing the oats and walnuts into a chunky flour consistency.
• Pour the oat/ walnut mix into a bowl and add the cinnamon and baking powder and stir.
• In a blender, combine the banana, maple, olive oil and ginger into a puree.
• Pour this into the dry ingredients and combine well.
• Stir in the grated carrot and raisins.
• Spoon the mix into a lined bread tin (use the ½ tin for best results)
• Smooth out on top and bake for 45 minutes.
• Let cool fully (2-3 hours) before icing and slicing.
• For the icing, I simply used a vegan cream cheese mixed with a little lemon and maple and spread on top (the loaf has to be fully cooled for this!).