Its BBQ season so get your buns ready!
- 220g ground almond
- 60g tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 4 egg white
- 2 full eggs
- 350 ml boiling water
- 4 tbsp. flax seeds milled
- 7 tbsp. physillium husks – available in health stores, pharmacies and larger supermarkets (check out the digestive section)
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp. seeds – sesame, pumpkin or sunflower
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond, tapioca, baking powder, and physillium.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and apple cider. Fold into the dry mix and combine using a fork ensuring no lumps.
- Next pour in the seeds and stir once more.
- Using a fork whisk, while pouring in the boiling water and stir for approx. 1 min until completely combined and smooth. Let sit for 3 minutes or so to thicken up.
- Using a non stick baking tray, grease your hands up a little olive oil and taking sections of the dough making a round ball (it will get messy) and placing on tray. Repeat this process until all the dough is gone.
- Cook for 55 minutes, until puffed up and hard to tap along the outside.