Porridge gets boring, lets be honest! So Im always trying to find ways to make it taste and even look more appealing. So if you are like me and usually have to run out the door first thing in the morning this is a great pre-prepared breakfast, if you get me.
- 1.1/2 cups oats
- 3 cups dairy free milk – I used almond
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp liquid sweetener – honey/coconut nectar/maple
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp buckwheat groats (optional)
- Handful halved walnuts
- 2 apples of your choice one grated and one sliced – I used one granny smith & one pink lady
- In a saucepan place your oats and milk and cook as if you’re making porridge.
- Whilst this is cooking whisk your egg whites until stiff.
- Once the porridge is made remove from the heat and stir in the grated apple, cinnamon, nuts and sweetener.
- Next fold in the stiffened egg whites, mix well
- Pour the oats into a baking dish.
- Top with apple slices and nuts.
- Bake at 200ºC for 15-20 minutes, until browned on top.