I’m so excited to share the recipe for these healthy and delicious raw chocolate almond and maca truffles. Full of whole foods and in a nutshell these have your healthy fats sorted.
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil at room temp
- 3 tbsp. ground almond
- 2 tbsp. maca powder
- 2 tbsp. maple
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence or seeds
- 100g dark chocolate (opt. for vegan if required)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except the chocolate, working together using the back of a large spoon pressing the ingredients together until it’s a smooth thick mix (it will be very wet).
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden before rolling into truffles.
- Spoon a one tbsp. of mix into the palms of your hands and roll into smooth balls.
- Place back in the fridge or freezer to keep hard while you prepare the chocolate coating.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass or stainless bowl over boiling water.
- Once melted, dip the bottom of a ball in the chocolate then place it on a fork while you spoon over a thick layer of chocolate covering the truffle fully.
- Place on a lined tray and place back in the fridge or freezer until completely set and enjoy!