Bread bread bread – will we ever have enough simple homemade healthy bread recipes? Never! I love experimenting with bread recipes especially using everyday ingredients like oats. This recipe slots in perfectly with all times of day as a breakfast toast served with a little chia jam or as a snack simply alone (it’s got tonnes of flavour by itself) or even teamed with savoury options like hummus, boiled eggs (yes it’s a sweet and savoury combo and it totally works).
Add this recipe to your weekly meal prep slice and freeze in zip lock bags and toast when needed! Don’t forget to check out the recipe video above and tag #naturalbornfeeder & #flahavans2mins in your recreation!
This is a sponsored post. And it’s the perfect collaboration for a huge oats fan like me, it’s one of my main ingredients and a food I love to promote. As part of the campaign, Flahavan’s will be running a Wellness Workshop on May 13th which I will be at. To win tickets to the workshop click here. #Flahavans2Mins
- 220g oats
- 3 soft bananas mashed
- 4 tbsp. almond butter
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil – melted
- 2 tbsp. maple
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180.
- Blend oats into flour using a Nutri Bullet or blender.
- Add in the baking powder and raw cacao.
- In a large bowl, mash up the bananas using a fork. Stir in the maple, vanilla and almond butter.
- Combine the wet mix into the oat flour.
- Melt the coconut oil and stir into the dough.
- Then, stir in the chia seeds.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined bread tin and smooth over the top. The dough will be heavy and thick.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 180 or until firm to tap and crispy.
- Let cool fully for an hour before removing from the tin and slicing.